Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
MARCH 5th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, NIrV
Bottom Line:I can love like Jesus
This week: Jesus washes His disciples' feet and then tells them to love others the way He has loved them. John 13:3-7, 34-35
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, tissue paper in various colors; glue sticks; scissors; and a permanent marker.
- DO:Encourage children to color their puzzle with crayons and work their puzzle pieces on top of the full paper and glue them in place. Have children tear the tissue paper into small confetti pieces. Have them run a glue stick around the border then sprinkle the tissue paper confetti over it.
- Say: "In our story today, we heard that Jesus showed love to His friends, the disciples, by washing their feet. We know that Jesus loves us, and He wants us to love people like He does. Work the puzzle and glue it to your big paper. (Pause.) Look at your puzzle pieces. Three pieces have pictures of ways to love like Jesus but one is blank. You can think of different ways to love others and fill in that piece with your family. Now let’s make some confetti to decorate your paper. Take some tissue paper and tear it into small pieces. Rub the glue stick over the border on your paper then take your confetti and toss it on your paper. (Pause.) Hooray! In our story, we heard how Jesus washed His friends’ feet to show them how to love people the way He loves people. And loving like Jesus is the one most special, most powerful, most important thing Jesus told us to do. You and you and you (point to all the children) can love like Jesus. Who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! It's time to wake up and love like Jesus!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Let Your Kids See Your Faith" by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.