Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
4.18.21- Early Church
APRIL 18th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
This week: Giving people clothes, food, and a place to stay when they need it are ways we can love like Jesus. Acts 2:42-47
Core Insight: RESTORATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, happy face stickers & markers
- DO:Give each child a sheet and several happy face stickers. Encourage children to put a happy face sticker (or draw happy faces) around Jesus.
- SAY: “Come over and sit with me. What makes you happy? (Pause.) Those are all great things! When you’re happy and you know it, what does your face do? (Pause.) You smile! Everyone gets some of these happy face stickers that we’ll share with each other.” (Hand out the happy face stickers.) “Everyone gets some happy face stickers. When we love like Jesus, it makes us happy. Go to each friend’s paper and put one happy face sticker around the picture of Jesus. (Pause.) Make sure to put one sticker on each paper. (Pause.) Great job! Look at all those happy faces around Jesus! In our Bible story, Jesus’s friends wanted to love people like Jesus loved them, so they shared! They were super-sharers and shared anything that people needed. Jesus’ friends spent lots of time together. They ate, talked, and laughed together. They also praised God. This showed everyone that they were friends with Jesus. We can share with our friends so they know that Jesus loves them and wants to be their friend forever. Who wants to be your friend forever? [Bottom Line] Jesus wants to be my friend forever.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, “Dear God, (name of child) and I want to love people the way Jesus taught us to love people. Please help us see the needs of others and be willing to share our clothes, food, and home to help others. Thank You for giving us Jesus to be our friend forever, and teach us how to be a good friend. We love You, God. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"It’s Not Just You: Making Other Adult Friends Is Hard" with Hanna Gilland
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights