During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JUNE 6th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I trust in God, I am not afraid.” Psalm 56:11, NIrV
Bottom Line: I can trust God.
This week: We can trust God because He loves us so much He gave us His Son, Jesus, to be our friend forever. John 3:16
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages & crayons
- DO: Gather your children to sit in a circle with you. Set the images face down on the floor next to you. Talk about trust using the dialogue below. Hold up each image and ask your children to name it then tell what they know about it. Ideas are below. When you get to the last picture (the heart), talk about how God made us and LOVES us so we can trust Him.
- Ice cream: sweet, yummy, cold
- Sun: warm, gives light, makes things grow
- Blanket: soft, keeps us warm
- Chair: sturdy, stays put when we sit or put our weight on it
- Ball: fun to play with; when you toss it up, it always comes down
- Heart: stands for love; God loves us and He proved His love for us when He sent Jesus; we can always trust God
- SAY: “I have some pictures to show you. I want you to tell me what you see then what you know about each image. Great job! You can trust that ice cream is cold and YUMMY! You can trust that the sun is warm and helps things grow. You can trust that a blanket will keep you warm and that a chair will hold you when you sit down. You can trust that when you toss a ball in the air it will always come down! You trust in things every day. But guess what? (Hold up the heart picture.) You can ALWAYS trust God becuase He loves you! He loves us so much that He gave us Jesus! Who can trust God? (Bottom Line) I can trust God."
- Cuddle Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! I want to give my [name of child] a great, big hug because God loves us with a great, big love!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Parents And Grandparents Can Work Together In Parenthood" a Parent Cue Podcast
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.