During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JULY 11th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart.” Proverbs 3:5, NIV
Bottom Line: I can trust God.
This week: Jesus shows Peter that he can trust God when He helps Peter walk to Him on water. Matthew 14:22-33
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page and crayons
- SAY: “We’ve been learning a great verse this month about trusting God. Let’s do some coloring today to help us remember our verse! What do you see on the page? (Pause.) A boat! Peter got out of the boat and walked, right on the water toward Jesus. Jesus showed Peter that he can trust God. We can trust God, too. Let’s say our verse together. ‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart,’ Proverbs 3:5. These colorings are beautiful. I’m so glad that Jesus showed us how to trust God. God loves me, and God loves you. We can always trust Him. Who can trust God? [Bottom Line] I can trust God.”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, take turns showing each other things you see. Say, "I want to show you a (bird)." Then your child will say, "I want to show you a (truck)." When you're done, talk about how Jesus came to show us that we can trust God.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Advice for New Dads (From Your Future Self)" by Dave Adamson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.