Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 22ND PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God is powerful.
This week: Daniel makes the right choice and eats the food God told him to eat. Daniel 1:8-17
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page and crayons
- DO:Point out Daniel at the top of the page and the veggies and water at the bottom of the page. Encourage the children to trace a path from Daniel to the food he chose, bypassing all the food from the king’s table along the way.
- SAY: “Do you see Daniel at the top of the page? We need to help Daniel get to the food he chose—the vegetables and water at the bottom of the page. Use a crayon to trace a path from Daniel to the food at the top, but watch out for the food from the king’s table along with way! Great job! You helped Daniel get to the vegetables and water at the bottom of the page! That’s what he chose to eat instead of the food from the king’s table. Daniel had God’s help to make the right choice. God’s power will help US make the right choice, too! I’m so glad God made me and gives me power to do the right thing. Who is powerful? [Bottom Line] God is powerful!”
- Bath Time
- Guide your child through some choices—this toy or that one. Water or soap. Say, "Sometimes we have to choose to be kind or not kind. God can always help us make the right choice and be kind.”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"8 Confidence-Building Truths Every Kid Should Hear from Their Parent" by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.