Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
8.29.21- DANIEL AND THE LIONS
AUGUST 29TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God is powerful.
This week: God's power protects Daniel when he is thrown into a den with lions. Daniel 6:1-23
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, binder rings, hole punch & crayons
- DO: Assist the children in cutting the pictures apart. Help them punch holes in the designated areas on each picture and the parent note. Once every child has the “Daniel’s Story Pictures” and a parent note, give them a metal binder ring. Show the children how to put the pictures on their ring, in order, as you review the Bible story. Allow the children to color the pictures. Talk about how God’s power protected Daniel and God’s power can protect us, too.
- SAY: “I will help you make a story ring. It will help you tell Daniel’s story to other people. First, you need these story pictures.” (Give your child a set of the four story pictures.) Look at your pictures and find this one. (Hold up Daniel praying.) This is Daniel. Daniel loved God and prayed to Him every day. Put your Daniel picture on your metal ring like this. (Assist the child when needed.) Now look at your story pictures and find this picture. (Hold up Daniel and King Darius.) This is Daniel and King Darius. Daniel worked for the king. King Darius and Daniel were friends. Put your Daniel and King Darius picture on your metal ring behind your first picture like this. (Show and assist.) Good job! Now find this picture. (Hold up the grumpy guys.) These guys did not want King Darius and Daniel to be friends, so they tricked the king into making a law that said Daniel could not pray to God. If he did, they would throw him into a lions’ den! What did Daniel do? (Pause for response.) He sure did! Daniel prayed to God every day like he always had. Put your grumpy guys picture on your metal ring behind your Daniel and the king picture like this. (Show and assist.) Okay, you have one picture left. Look at the picture and tell me what you see. (Pause for response.) Yes! Daniel and the lions with their mouths close. Daniel is not hurt! God protected Daniel from the lions! Put your Daniel and the lions’ den picture on your metal ring behind the grumpy guys like this. (Show and assist.) God’s power protected Daniel from the lions. God’s power can protect us, too. Let me hear you. Who is powerful? [Bottom Line] God is powerful! Yes, He is!”
- Bath Time
- Guide your child through some choices—this toy or that one. Water or soap. Say, "Sometimes we have to choose to be kind or not kind. God can always help us make the right choice and be kind.”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"8 Confidence-Building Truths Every Kid Should Hear from Their Parent" by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights