Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 12TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God is always with me.
This week: Deborah is wise and tells God's people the right thing to do. Judges 4 & 5
Core Insight: TRUTH
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, Ziplock bags and scissors
- DO:Assist the children in making their own set of Story Memory Match cards. Put each child’s Story Memory Match cards in a zipper bag along with a “Story Parent Note.” Use a set of Story Memory Match cards to play a game of memory match as you review the story.
- SAY: “I have something that will help us remember the Bible story we heard today. First, we need to make Story Memory Match cards. Everyone needs ten cards. (Give each child ten cards.) Our first story picture is Deborah. (Hold up the Deborah card.) Deborah was a judge and helped God’s people know the right thing to do. I will give you two Deborah cards. Now you have two Deborah Story Memory Match cards. Our next story picture is a tree. (Hold up the tree card.) Deborah would stand under a tree so people would know where she was when they needed her help. I will give you two tree cards. Now you have two tree Story Memory Match cards. Our next story picture is a group of people. (Hold up the people card.) The people would go see Deborah at the tree when they needed help with their hard questions. I will give you two people cards. Now you have two people Story Memory Match cards. We’re almost done! Our next story picture is an ear. (Hold up the ear card.) What do we do with our ears? (Pause.) Yes, we listen with our ears. Deborah used her ears to listen to God and all of the people. I will give you two ear cards. Now you have two ear Story Memory Match cards. For our last story picture, we have a . . . (hold up the heart card) yes, a heart! Deborah knew God loved her and was always with her so she could be a wise leader. I will give you two heart cards. Now you have all of your Story Memory Match cards! That means we can play Story Memory Match together! God is with us, helping us be wise just like He was with Deborah. So when I ask, ‘Who is always with you?’, you say [Bottom Line] ‘God is always with me.’ Who is always with you? [Bottom Line] God is always with me! Yes, He is! Now let’s make sure all of your Story Memory Match cards and Story Parent Note get in your bag.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, ask your child: “Tell me a joke or a word that makes you laugh.”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"3 Ways to Ease Back Into In-Person Events Again" by Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights