Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
10.3.21 DAVID CHOSEN AS KING
OCTOBER 3rd PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid . . . for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me to do big things.
This week: God sends Samuel to look at Jesse's sons, and God chooses David to be the next king. 1 Samuel 16:6-13
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, glue, scissors and crayons
- DO: Give your child an “All the Brothers” Activity Page. After you go through all of the brothers together, give them a “David” cutout. Assist your child in gluing David next to the other brothers. Talk about how God chose David to be king because God had big things for David to do.
- SAY: “In our Bible story today, Samuel looked for who God wanted to be the next king. (Point to each brother as you go and shake your head.) Not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Wait. Are there anymore brothers? Yes! David! (Give your child a David to glue on their page.) “God told Samuel that David would be the next king! Let’s glue David right here.” (Assist when needed. Option: If using the black and white version, allow the children to color the page.) God had big things for David to do, and God has big things for you to do, too. So when I ask, ‘Who made you to do big things?’, I want you to say, [Bottom line] ‘God made me to do big things!’ Ready? Who made you to do big things? [Bottom line] God made me to do big things! Yay! [Bottom Line] God made me to do big things!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say “Good morning! I’m so glad God made you, and made you to do big things today.”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Planning Can Make You a More Present Parent" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights