Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
10.17.21 DAVID AND GOLIATH
OCTOBER 17TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid . . . for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me to do big things.
This week: David battles Goliath with only a sling and a stone when King Saul and his army are too afraid. 1 Samuel 17:1-50
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, glue, scissors, SOLO cup, wax paper cup & crayons
- DO: Have children color and then glue the “David Sticker” to the small paper cup and the “Goliath Sticker” to the big plastic cup. Act-out the story with the cups. Review the Bible Story.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a story about how God helped David do big things when he challenged the giant, Goliath. Let’s make cup toys of David and Goliath. You have a small cup and a big cup. Which of these cups would be David? (Pause). Yes! The small cup would be David. Add this sticker of David to your small cup. (Pause). On the big cup, add the sticker of Goliath. (Pause). Great job! We’ll use these to help us retell the story. Get your Goliath cup. (Pause). Goliath was a big, mean giant who wanted to do mean things to God’s people, the Israelites. Every day, Goliath would tease the Israelites, asking who would challenge him. All of the Israelites were scared of him. No one was brave enough to challenge Goliath until one day, David said he would. Get your David cup. (Pause). Everyone was so surprised, because he was not a soldier. But David knew that God would help him be strong and courageous. David took a slingshot and five small stones then went to challenge Goliath. He said, ‘Goliath, you may have all your big weapons, but God is with me.’ David twirled the slingshot and the rock hit Goliath in the head, and it knocked him down. David saved the Israelites from the mean giant! God made David to do a very big thing! God made you to do big things, too! Who made you to do big things? [Bottom Line] God made me to do big things.”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, ask your child: "What is your favorite color? What are some things that are that color?
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Planning Can Make You a More Present Parent" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights