Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
MARCH 20TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"'Come and follow me,' Jesus said." Matthew 4:19, NIrV
Bottom Line: Everyone can be friends with Jesus.
This week: Jesus tells twelve common and flawed men to follow Him, and they become His disciples. The Gospels
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, sentence strips, scissors, glue sticks, stapler, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage children to decorate the gingerbread person to look like them then glue it to the sentence strip with the pictures of the disciples. Measure the sentence strip on the child's head and staple. Let your child wear their headband.
- SAY: “Today, we heard about twelve of Jesus’ closest friends, the disciples. They loved Jesus and followed Him everywhere. Let’s make a headband with the disciples and you! Decorate the gingerbread person to look like you. (Pause.) Great! Glue it to the strip. (Pause.) Now glue the pictures of the disciples to the strip. (Pause.) Super! I’ll measure it to your head and secure it into a headband. (Pause.) In today’s story, we learned about Jesus’ closest friends, the disciples. Peter, Andrew, James, and John were all fishermen. Matthew used to be a tax collector and collected money. They were all very different. Brothers, fishermen, tax collectors—they all came from different places and different families but were friends with Jesus because EVERYONE can be friends with Jesus. They followed Jesus everywhere and saw Him help sick people, feed hungry people, and listen to children. When Jesus went away, they went everywhere telling everyone that they can be friends with Jesus. We can tell our friends that they can be friends with Jesus, too. Who can be friends with Jesus? [Bottom Line] Everyone can be friends with Jesus.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, ask your child to name people they know. Talk about how everyone can be friends with Jesus.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Five Boundaries to Put in Place for Your Kids’ New Technology" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.