Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
MARCH 14th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12, NIV
Bottom Line: I CAN LOVE LIKE JESUS
This week: Jesus washes His disciples' feet to show them how to love one another. John 13:3-17
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, heart stickers and crayons
- DO: Give your child an Activity Page. Read the title at the top of the page. Encourage them to add four or five heart stickers (or draw hearts) to their pages around the words at the top. Then have them draw pictures of ways they can show love like Jesus.
- SAY: “This month we’re learning that (point to the words at the top of the page) [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus. There are so many ways we can show love like Jesus to the people around us. Let’s add a few hearts to the top of our page. You can put them right near the words. Can you think of some ways we can show love to others like Jesus loves us? Let’s share some ideas. (Pause as children answer.) Great answers! You can use the crayons to draw one way you can love like Jesus. WOW! Great job! These are all ways we can love like Jesus. I’m so glad to know that [Basic Truth] Jesus wants to be my friend forever. Jesus loves you and me SO very much. Tell me, who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus.”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, look for people you can love like Jesus and name one way you can love them. Example: "I see our neighbor, Mr. John. We can love Mr. John by smiling and saying hello." Or, "I see an ambulance on the road. We can love others by praying for the workers and the person who needs the ambulance."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"10 Affirmations for the Worried Parent" with Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.