Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
3.12.23- JESUS IS GENTLE
MARCH 12th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, NIrV
Bottom Line:I can love like Jesus
This week: Jesus is kind and gentle to a woman after she touches Him so she can be healed. Mark 5:25-34
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, tissue paper confetti; jumbo craft sticks; glue sticks; masking tape; scissors; and a permanent marker
- DO: Tell the children that one way to love like Jesus is to use kind words. Have children glue their craft sticks to the back of their speech bubbles for a handle. Place a piece of tape over it to secure it. Encourage children to glue confetti to the front of their speech bubbles.
- Say: "Do you know what this is? (Hold up a speech bubble.) It’s called a ‘speech bubble’! You might see it sometimes in cartoons or pictures. We are going to use these to help us remember today’s Bible story. Your speech bubble says, ‘I can love like Jesus by using kind words.’ Are kind words loud or mean? (Pause.) No. Do kind words make you feel good? (Pause.) They do! What are some kind words we can say? (If desired, write the child’s kind word(s) on their bubble.) Those are fantastic kind words! And when you use kind words like that, you are loving like Jesus! Flip your bubble over and glue the craft stick on so you can hold it up like this. (Demonstrate.) Super! (Add a piece of tape to secure the stick.) Flip it over to the front and glue some confetti on your bubble. (Pause.) These are great. Hold them up and tell me who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus. Yes, you can! Put your speech bubbles down and listen. In our story today, we heard about the sick woman. She had seen lots of doctors, but none could heal her. She had heard Jesus could make sick people better, so she decided to try to see Him. She saw Jesus in the crowd, reached out, and touched His clothes. And just like that, she was healed! Isn’t that amazing? But Jesus turned and asked who had touched His clothes. She thought she was in trouble but told Jesus she did it. And Jesus was gentle and kind. Jesus loved the woman by using kind words. We can love people by using kind words, too! Who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus.”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, Jesus is so kind and gentle. Please help [name of child] and me choose to be kind and gentle with our hands and our words so we can love like Jesus."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Let Your Kids See Your Faith" by Tim Walker
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights