Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
2.5.23- JESUS AND THE CHILDREN
FEBRUARY 5th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves me.
This week: When the disciples try to stop children from going to Jesus, Jesus says to let the children come to me. Luke 18:15-160
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, and crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage the children to color their activity page. Have the children color the heart with the red crayon.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a story about Jesus and the children. There is an empty shape on your paper. What shape is that? (Pause.) A heart, that’s right. And what do we say the heart shape means? (Pause.) Love. Yes! Hearts mean love. Color the heart on your paper with a red crayon. (Pause.) Great job! Jesus loves all the children, and that means you! Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me. One day when Jesus was teaching, some people brought their children to see Him. But the disciples told the children to go away. Jesus called the children to Him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me!’ Jesus opened His arms wide, and the children went to Him. They were able to be near Him and know how much Jesus loved them. Jesus loves you and wants to be your friend forever. Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Raise your hand if Jesus loves you. (Raise your hand.) Yes! Jesus loves YOU, and Jesus loves ME!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights