Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
FEBRUARY 20th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Do everything in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves everyone.
This week: Zacchaeus climbs a tree to see Jesus. When Jesus sees him, He tells him He wants to go to his house.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or washable markers, and a pen.
- DO: Encourage children to color their picture and fill the inside of the tree with hearts.
- SAY: “Today, we will hear a story about a tax collector named Zacchaeus. When Jesus came to town, everyone wanted to see him, even Zacchaeus. Zacchaeus was too short to see Jesus over all the people, so he climbed a tree. Now he could see Jesus and Jesus could see him. Jesus called him down from the tree and asked to go to his house. Look at your paper. Jesus and Zacchaeus are standing next to a tree. Use your crayons to fill the tree trunk with hearts. (Pause.) Jesus loved Zacchaeus even though he had taken money that didn’t belong to him. Jesus loves us, no matter what. And Jesus loved Zacchaeus, even though he had made bad choices. Zacchaeus was so happy that Jesus loved him and wanted to be his friend that he gave back all the money he took from the people. Jesus loved Zacchaeus, and Jesus loves you, too. [Bottom Line] Jesus loves everyone. Who does Jesus love? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves everyone.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, ask your child: "Have you ever seen someone do something wrong? What did you think about it?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Coping With Your Kids Growing Up" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.