Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
2.19.23- THE CENTURION
FEBRUARY 19th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves me.
This week: A Centurion (an important leader) asks Jesus to help his servant who is sick, and Jesus makes him all better without even going to his house! Matthew 8:5-13
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, washable markers or crayons
- DO: As you review the Bible story, encourage the children to draw a line along the path to help the centurion find Jesus and then continue along the path to his healed servant. Let children color the pictures. Talk about how Jesus wanted to help the centurion and his servant because Jesus loved them.
- Say: "Put your finger on the picture of the centurion. (Demonstrate.) A centurion is a soldier who leads a lot of other soldiers. We’re going to draw a line on the path to help the centurion find Jesus. When you get to the picture of Jesus, stop and put your finger on Him. When the centurion found Jesus, he asked Jesus to help his sick servant. Jesus told the centurion He would come to his house, but the centurion said he knew Jesus was so powerful that He could make his servant all better by just saying it. And that’s what happened! Draw a line on the path from Jesus to the centurion and his servant. When you get to the picture of the centurion and his servant, stop and put your finger on them. When the centurion got home, his servant was all better! Jesus had helped them! Now you can color all of the pictures. Jesus helped the centurion and his servant because Jesus loved them. Jesus wants to help us because Jesus loves us, too. Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me!”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, ask your child to name their friends. Ask them what they like best about their friends. Talk about how Jesus loves us and wants to be our friend forever.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights