Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
FEBRUARY 26th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves me.
This week: A woman shows she is thankful and loves Jesus by washing his feet and using her special perfume. Luke 7:36-50
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors; dot markers; resealable sandwich bags; and a permanent marker
- DO: Encourage children to decorate the pieces of their puzzle with the dot markers. Then have them arrange the pieces to complete their puzzle. Put in their bag to send home.
- Say: "Your puzzle is in the shape of a heart because hearts mean love! There are three pieces to your heart, and each piece has a word on it. I want you to decorate your puzzle. (Pause.) Wow! These look fantastic! Now that you’ve decorated your puzzles, I want you to put them together. (Pause.) Great job! The three pieces put together make a heart that says [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me. That’s right! Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me. Amazing! Everyone, put your puzzle pieces in your bag, and it can go home with you! In our story today, we heard how Jesus forgave the woman for the bad choices she’d made and He loved her anyway. Jesus loves YOU no matter what, too. There is absolutely nothing you could ever do to make Jesus stop loving you. Jesus loves you, and He wants to be your friend forever. Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me.”
- BATH TIME
- Cut some new kitchen sponges into heart shapes (or use foam hearts). Add bubble bath and drop the hearts in the water. Tell your child to dig through the bubbles to find the hearts. Each time they find a heart, say together, "Jesus loves me!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.