Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
2.12.23- MARY AND MARTHA
FEBRUARY 12th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.” Ephesians 3:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves me.
This week: Martha becomes frustrated when her sister Mary chooses to listen to Jesus instead of helping her cook and clean. Luke 10:38-42
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue sticks, hand wipes, and a pen
- DO: Help children rub glue on the back of the pictures of Mary and Martha and stick them on their picture. Help children clean their hands if needed.
- Say: "Today, we heard the story of when Jesus wanted to spend time with Mary and Martha. On your paper is a picture of Jesus at their house. This is Mary. (Hold up the picture of the woman sitting.) She sat and listened to Jesus. Glue this picture next to Jesus. (Pause.) This is Martha. (Hold up the picture of the woman standing.) She was busy cooking and cleaning instead of sitting with Mary and Jesus. Glue this picture on your paper. (Pause.) Jesus didn’t need everything to be perfect in Mary and Martha’s house. He just wanted to spend time with them. Jesus loves you and wants to spend time with you, too. Jesus wants to be your friend forever! [Bottom Line] Jesus loves you!
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, It is such a gift that Your Son, Jesus, wants to spend time with us. Help [child's name] and me remember that Jesus is always with us waiting to listen, help, and be the best friend we could ever ask for."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights