Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
FEBRUARY 11TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Be kind and loving to each other.”
Ephesians 4:32, NCV
Bottom Line: Jesus loves everyone.
This week: Jesus is a kind and loving friend to a woman when she is caught doing something wrong.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Paper towel tubes; painter’s tape; pom-poms; shallow, plastic containers; paper ice cream or party cups; and plush friends.
- Before the Activity: Tape paper towel tubes to the wall in a straight line, with enough room below to sit a cup. Put pom-poms in several containers nearby. Place plush friends at a table across the room.
- During the Activity: Encourage the child to find a plush friend and take their order. Ask the child to go the wall with the tubes, place a cup underneath a tube, and drop the desired pom-poms through the tube to create the treat. Deliver the treat to the plush friend and repeat.
- After the Activity: Introduce [Bottom Line] Jesus loves everyone.
- Before the Activity: “Friend! Come join me over here! I have a fun activity for us to do today! We have lots of plush friends that we get to fix special treats for today.”
- During the Activity: “Let’s pretend these tubes are fun drink machines and ice cream machines! Pick a cup and put it under the tube like this. (Demonstrate.) Then take some pom-poms and drop them from the top of the tube so it fills your cup. Okay, let’s play! Go find a plush friend and take their order! (Pause.) What kind of treat did your friend choose? (Pause.) That sounds great! Go make it with the fun machine. Then you can deliver it! (Pause.) Great job! Go find another friend to make a treat for. (Repeat as desired.) That was so fun treating everyone!”
- After the Activity: “You made fun treats for a lot of friends! Today in our story, we’re going to hear a story about how [Bottom Line] Jesus loves everyone.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, I think it is so cool how Jesus is a friend to everyone. Please help us be a good friend to everyone like Jesus."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “Welcome to Preschool: Making the Most of the “Why?” Phase” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.