Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
DECEMBER 31ST PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.”
John 3:16, GNT
Bottom Line: God gave us Jesus.
This week: Wise men follow a special star to Jesus so they can worship Him and give Him gifts.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Opaque white paper cup, utility knife, clear packing tape, permanent black and yellow or gold markers, and flashlight; Optional Star wand and a flashlight.
- Before the Activity: Write the child’s name on their party horn or blower. Do the motions as you say the memory verse together. Give the child a party horn.
- During the Activity: If possible, dim or turn off the lights. Turn on the flashlight and shine it through the cup to project the star onto the wall. Ask the child to follow the star as you move it around on the wall.
- After the Activity: Explain that our Bible story tells us about a special star the wise men followed all the way to Baby Jesus!
- Before the Activity: “Friend, stand here at the wall with me.”
- During the Activity: “What do you see on the bottom of this cup? (Pause.) Yes, a star! I want to show you something SUPER cool. (Dim lights if possible and shine the flashlight through the cup onto the wall.) What do you see? A star! Watch as it gets closer and bigger, or smaller and farther away. (Pause.) Follow the star. (Pause.) Great job, friends. That was fun!”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, we’ll hear about a very special star that led to someone VERY special! Come with me to hear the last part of the true Christmas story.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, cuddle them and say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Christmas may be over, but we can celebrate that God gave us Jesus any day, like the wise men did!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “20 Memorable Family Christmas Traditions” by Dr. Jim Burns
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.