Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
12.26.21- THE WISE MEN
DECEMBER 26th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God has given a son to us." Isaiah 9:6, NCV
Bottom Line: God gave us Jesus.
This week: Wise men follow a special star to Jesus, and when they see Him, they give Him gifts and worship Him. Matthew 2:1-2; 2:9-11
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, markers or crayons, large craft stick or straw, and decorating supplies (tape, glitter, paint, tissue paper squares)
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their star then help them tape it to the craft stick or straw.
- SAY: “We heard another great story and learned another fun letter. ‘W’ is for Wise Men. What did the wise men follow in our story today? (Pause.) You got it! They followed a big, bright, beautiful star. Let’s make a star to help us remember our story from today. Remember it was big, bright, and beautiful! You can use any of the fun papers and glue them on or color with the fun sparkly crayons. (Pause.) Yours is beautiful! Let me help you tape the craft stick to the back of your star. (Pause.) Hold them up high and say, [Bottom Line] ‘God gave us Jesus.’” (Repeat.) We can celebrate Jesus all year, not just at Christmas. Every day is a great day to celebrate Jesus. Today, we heard how the wise men knew that God was sending someone very special, and they wanted to see Him. When a big, bright, beautiful star appeared in the sky, they knew that the needed to follow it. They followed it for a very long time until it stopped over a house. It was the house where Jesus lived. The wise men knew that He was the very special person they were looking for. He was the one God sent to show His love for everyone. They bowed down and worshipped Him and gave Him their very best gifts. The wise men traveled a long, long way to give Jesus gifts and worship Him. They knew that God gave us Jesus because He loves us so much. How do we know God loves us? [Bottom Line:] God gave us Jesus.”
- BATH TIME
- During bath time, add a star sponge or plastic star toy. Talk about how wise men followed a special star all the way to Jesus.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights