Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
1.2.22 THE PRODIGAL SON
JANUARY 2nd PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"The crowds were amazed at His teaching.” Matthew 7:28, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: A father welcomes his son with love when the son returns from wasting all of his inheritance. Luke 15:11-24
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, sentence strips or piece of paper, scissors, glue sticks, and pen
- DO:Show children how to accordion fold their sentence strip/sheet of paper. Help as needed. Encourage children to glue “Son” to one end of the sentence strip and “Dad” to the other end. Show children how spread out the sentence strip so the dad and son are far apart then fold it back up so the dad and son are close together.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a story that Jesus told to teach us that God loves, us no matter what! It’s the story of a dad and his son. Take your sentence strip and fold it back and forth like this. (Demonstrate.) Great! Rub the glue stick on one end of the sentence strip and press the picture of the son to it. (Pause.) Now rub the glue stick on the other end of the sentence strip and press the picture of the dad to it. (Pause.) Pull the ends apart like this. (Spread out the sentence strip.) The son took all the money and went far away from home. He spent money on food, clothes, and his friends until there was no money left. He made a lot of bad choices. He didn’t have anywhere to sleep or any food to eat! So he decided to go home. Now fold the strip back together like this. (Demonstrate.) When the dad saw his son walking, he ran to him and hugged him. Then he threw a party to celebrate that his son had come home. The dad loved his son even though he had made bad choices and spent all the money. But God loves us even more than that! God loves us, no matter what! He won’t get mad when we mess up, He wants to forgive us and help us. Jesus tells us this story because He wants us to know that God loves us, no matter what. I’m so glad we have a friend like Jesus to teach us important things. Who teaches me important things? [Bottom Line] Jesus teaches me important things.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! God loves you—and I do too!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights