Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
12.19.21- THE SHEPHERDS
DECEMBER 19th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God has given a son to us." Isaiah 9:6, NCV
Bottom Line: God gave us Jesus.
This week: God sends angels to tell shepherds that Jesus has been born, and they run to see Him. Luke 2:8-21
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, markers or crayons
- DO: Encourage the children to place their fingers on the “S” in the center of the page. Identify the letter and its sound. Instruct the children to color all the S’s on the page. Talk about the field scene in the background and how the shepherds were in the field when the angel appeared with some very big news!
- SAY: “What letter do you see in the center of the page? (Pause.) Yes, it’s an ‘S’! ‘S’ is for Shepherd. Let’s use our dot markers to cover all the S’s you see on the page. I see a field on your page. Where were the shepherds on the night Jesus was born? (Pause.) They were out in the field, watching over their sheep. That’s right! And what happened? (Pause.) Yes! An angel appeared to tell them that Jesus was born. And then a whole sky full of angels appeared because this was VERY big news! What did the shepherds do when they heard that Jesus was born? (Pause.) That’s right, they ran to see Baby Jesus because they were so excited! You did a great job finding the S’s. ‘S’ is for Shepherd! After they saw Baby Jesus, the shepherds told everyone the good news! They wanted everyone to know that [Bottom Line] God gave us Jesus. And why did God give us Jesus? Because He loves us! How do we know God loves us? We know because [Bottom Line] God gave us Jesus.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, ask your child: "We all have things we want to share or tell. What is something you want to share or tell me about?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights