Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
12.12.21- JESUS IS BORN
DECEMBER 12th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God has given a son to us." Isaiah 9:6, NCV
Bottom Line: God gave us Jesus.
This week: Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem, and Jesus is born in a stable because there are no other rooms.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page; glue sticks; yarn; hole punch; scissors; and a permanent marker
- DO: Encourage children to glue Baby Jesus to the center of their ornament and color hay under Him. Talk about “J” is for Jesus.
- SAY: “What a great story we learned today of God’s love for us. God loves us so much that He gave us Jesus. Let’s make an ornament today. On your ornament is ‘J’ is for Jesus. Glue the picture of Baby Jesus to your ornament. (Pause.) Now color hay under Baby Jesus. This looks fantastic! You can hang it on our tree. We heard how Mary and Joseph had to go all the way to Bethlehem to be counted. It was a long trip and Mary was pregnant, so she rode on a donkey. Once they got there, they tried to find a place to stay but all the rooms in the inn were full! But the nice innkeeper let them stay in his stable with the animals. Something amazing happened in that stable. A very special baby boy was born, and Mary named Him Jesus. ‘J’ is for Jesus. God loves us so much that He gave us Jesus. How do we know God loves us? [Bottom Line:] God gave us Jesus.”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "Thank You for showing us You love us this week." (Name some ways God has shown His love to you.)
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights