Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
12.11.22- JESUS IS BORN
DECEMBER 11th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son
This week: Mary and Joseph go to Bethlehem, and Jesus is born in a stable, where animals lived. Luke 2:1-7
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers, scissors, and dice
- DO: Show the children the “Roll a Nativity Key” and a set of “Nativity Characters.” Place a die on the table. Point out the numbers on the left-hand side of the page and how each one corresponds to a nativity character. Once they have rolled and have the number, encourage them to look at the “Roll a Nativity Key” to see what nativity character to add to the stable on the right-hand side of the page. Continue in the same way until they’ve rolled all six numbers to add all six characters to the stable.
- SAY: “Here is a piece of paper with a key on it. The key has a picture of a person or animal and a number from one to six that corresponds to the die. I want you to roll the die like this. (Demonstrate.) Oh look, I rolled a [number rolled]. Let’s look at our key. I need to add [Corresponding character’s name]. So, I add [character’s name] to the stable. Make sure you keep rolling until you’ve added all the characters to your stable. Get rolling! (Pause.) Did everyone add all the pieces to your stable? (Pause.) Great! Look at all the people and animals that were there the night Jesus was born! Christmas is the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus, the most special baby in all the world. Happy Birthday, Jesus. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son.”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for loving [name of child] and me so much that You gave us Your Son, Jesus."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights