Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 8th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good.” Psalm 107:1, NIV
Bottom Line: God is good.
This week: A widow prepares food for Elijah, and God continues to provide food for her. 1 Kings 17:7-16
Core Insight: DESIGN
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page and crayons
- DO: Encourage your child to color the jars as you review the story.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a story about a man named Elijah who was very hungry. God told Elijah to find the woman he chose to help him, and she would give him food. Do you remember what the woman gave Elijah to eat? (Pause.) She gave him bread that she made with the last bit of flour and oil she had. Her jars were empty. See the empty jars on your paper? (Pause.) But God told Elijah that He would take care of the woman. God filled her jars and kept them from running out. Take a crayon and fill your jars. (Pause.) Nice job! Elijah and the woman thanked God because [Bottom Line] God is good and gave them the food they needed. Who is good? [Bottom Line] God is good.”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, name all of the places where you can eat food. Talk about how God is SO good to give us so many different kinds of yummy food to eat.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Your Kids May Be Your Everything, But They Can’t Be Your Only Thing" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.