Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
11.7.21 Ruth, NAOMI & BOAZ
NOVEMBER 7th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart.” Psalm 111:1, ESV
Bottom Line: I can thank God for everything.
This week: Boaz takes care of Ruth and Naomi by giving them grain because they are family. Ruth 1-2
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or markers, and scissors
- DO: Encourage children to add the garden and smiley face stickers around the border of the frame.
- SAY: “We’re learning that we can thank God for everything, especially our family. “Let’s make a picture frame! Let’s draw on your frame. (Pause.) Try drawing flowers and smiley faces on your frame! Then we can add our family picture inside your frame! In our story today, we learned about a lady named Naomi. Naomi’s husband and sons had died, and she was all alone. She decided to go back to the town where she grew up. Ruth, who had been married to one of her sons, said she would go with her; she would be her family! God gave Naomi family to help her. They walked all the way to the town where Naomi grew up. When they got there, they were so hungry, but didn’t have any food. Ruth saw a field nearby where workers gathered grain. As they gathered the grain, some would fall to the ground. So Ruth went behind the workers and gathered what had fallen to the ground. The owner of the field was Boaz. When he found out she was family, he made sure she had plenty of good food to pick from his garden. Ruth and Naomi said thank you for the family that God gave them to help them. All families look different and all families can take care of each other. Thank you, God, for giving us our families! Who can you thank for everything? [Bottom Line] I can thank God for everything.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! I’m so thankful for you! You make me so happy!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"50 Things to be Grateful for Right Now" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights