Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 5TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Always give thanks to God.” Ephesians 5:20, NIrV
Bottom Line: I can thank God for everything.
This week: Naomi, Ruth, and Boaz are family and they help each other.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- Before the Activity: Gather the child in your activity area.
- During the Activity: Ask the child to pretend they are in a bus and you are the bus driver. Wave at the child to get on the bus, pretend to honk the horn, then drive. As you move around the room, ask the child to tell you where they are going, what they see, and who is with them.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Friend, come stand here with me! I have a fun activity for us. I am a bus driver. See my big bus? Come on, friend! (Wave them to come.) Get on my bus. That’s right get behind me. Okay, we’re all on the bus! I’ll honk my horn, beep-beep, and we will start on our trip.”
- During the Activity: “Wow friend, I love that we are all going on a trip in my bus. [Child’s name], where should we go on our bus today? (Pause.) Oh, I love going there! [Child’s name], what do you see out of your window? (Pause.) Yes, I see that, too. [Child’s name], who do you want to bring on this bus trip? (Pause.) Oh, wow! That would be great to have [person’s name] on this bus ride! Wow, that was a wonderful trip! Thanks for riding on the bus with me. Let’s park the bus and go sit on the rug.”
- After the Activity: “We saw so many places on our bus ride. (Name some of the places the child said during the activity.) We took so many people with us. (Name the people the child said.) Today in our story, we’ll hear about two women named Ruth and Naomi who were family, and they went on a trip together.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, cuddle them and say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Let's start our day with telling God thanks for our family. (Together) Thank You for our family, God!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “10 Ways to Prepare for the Holiday Season” by Dr. Jim Burns
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.