Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 28TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart.” Psalm 111:1, ESV
Bottom Line: I can thank God for everything.
This week: A woman and her husband build a special room for Elisha to stay in when he visits. 2 Kings 4:8-17
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, glue sticks, and crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage children to fill Elisha’s room with the furnishings. Talk about how we can thank God for people who help us.
- SAY: “In our story today, we learned about a man named Elisha. He was God's friend and traveled around to do God's work. One day, Elisha met a woman who wanted to help him. She made dinner for him every time he came to town. The woman and her husband wanted to help Elisha even more, so they built a room on the roof of their house. This is Elisha's room. (Hold up the blank room.) It doesn't have anything in it. So let's add some furniture! Do you see a picture of a bed? (Pause.) Find a spot in your room and glue it. (Pause.) He also had a desk. Do you see a picture of a table and chair? (Pause.) Find a spot in your room and glue it. (Pause.) There was one more thing: a lamp so he could see. Do you see a picture of a lamp? (Pause.) Glue the lamp somewhere in your room. (Pause.) You did a great job of putting the things in Elisha's room. Elisha was so happy and thankful when he saw his room. The woman and her husband were such great helpers. Elisha was very thankful that God had given him people to help him. God gives us people to help us, too. Who can you thank for everything? [Bottome Line] I can thank God for everything."
- Drive Time
- While on the go, ask your child: "What are your favorite things to eat?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"50 Things to be Grateful for Right Now" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.