Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
12.4.22- THE ANGEL AND MARY
DECEMBER 4th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son
This week: An angel tells Mary that she is going to have God's Son, and His name will be Jesus. Luke 1:26-33, 38, 46-49
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers, scissors, tape, toy cars, slide (or piece of cardboard or foam board instead of a slide)
- DO:Have your child color their angel. Then have your child sit on either side of the slide and have them put their car at the top of the slide and send it down. Watch how far the angel goes.
- SAY: “Today, we heard how an angel came to tell Mary the exciting news that she would have a baby and He would be super special. You have a toy car with an angel on it. Let’s send them down the slide to see how far we can make them fly. [Child’s name], please take your angel to the top of the slide and send it down. (Pause.) Wow! Your angel went far! Seeing the angels take off was fun! God loves you and me so much that He gave us the most special gift ever. Jesus! Jesus is special because Jesus is God’s Son. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Jesus is special because Jesus is God's Son."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Generosity Helps Kids Live Richer, Fuller Lives” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights