Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 20th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.” Psalm 107:1, NIV
Bottom Line: God is Good
This week: "Moses' brother, Aaron, and friend, Hur, help Moses hold up God's staff. Exodus 17:8-13
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors; glue sticks; wooden coffee stirrers; crayons; and a permanent marker; Optional popsicle sticks instead of coffee stirrers
- DO: Encourage children to color their paper then glue the coffee stirrer to the staff in Moses’ hands. Have children rub glue on the tab and help them glue the tab to the back of the other edge to make the table tent.
- SAY: “Today, in our Bible story, we heard how God gave Moses family and friends to help him. God gives us friends and family to help us, too. Let’s make a table topper of Moses with the people who helped him. Look, there’s Moses with his arms holding up the staff. And Aaron and Hur are helping him. Use the crayons to color your paper. (Pause.) Great! Look at this. (Hold up a coffee stirrer/popsicle sticks.) It looks like Moses’ staff. Glue it to your picture. (Pause.) See this tab? (Point to the tab.) Rub some glue along that tab. (Pause.) Fold up your paper like this. (Demonstrate.) Now tuck the tab behind the edge and press to seal. (Pause.) You have a standing craft of our Bible story today. Moses was the leader of God’s people, the Israelites. One day, some people who didn’t love God came to attack them. Moses knew God would help them, so he held up God’s staff and the Israelites started winning! But his arms got tired, and he put them down. Then God’s army started losing. Moses put his arms back up and couldn’t put them down. They were getting really tired. He needed help. Moses’ brother Aaron and their friend, Hur, came to help. They brought a rock for Moses to sit on and helped hold up his arms. And the Israelites won! God gave Aaron and Hur to Moses to help him. God gives each of us family, too, and we can take good care of each other. We can look at our friends and family and say, ‘God is good!’ Who is good? [Bottom Line] God is good.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, take turns naming people who are family and friends. Talk about how good God is for giving you so many special people.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.