Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
NOVEMBER 12TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Always give thanks to God.” Ephesians 5:20, NIrV
Bottom Line: I can thank God for everything.
This week: Jonathan gives David gifts to show he is thankful David is his friend.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Ribbon or crepe paper streamers and scissors
- Before the Activity: Cut ribbon or streamers in two-foot lengths, one per child. Give the child a ribbon or streamer.
- During the Activity: Call out the child by saying “Thank You, God, for my friend [child’s name].” Ask the child to celebrate by dancing around and waving their ribbons. Repeat as desired.
- After the Activity: Introduce the two friends, David and Jonathan, from today’s Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Hello, friend! I’m so happy to see everyone today! Come over here with me and spread out. Today, let’s celebrate each other. Here is a ribbon for [child’s name].
- During the Activity: “Thank You, God, for my friend [child’s name]. Let’s celebrate [child’s name] by dancing and waving our ribbons! (Pause.) Super-duper. Awesome! I’m so thankful for the friends God gives us. Let’s celebrate ALL of our friends!”
- After the Activity: “Today, we’ll hear a story about two friends named David and Jonathan.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for our friends [names of your friends and your child's friends]. Help us to be a good friend to them by loving, helping, and sharing."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “10 Ways to Prepare for the Holiday Season” by Dr. Jim Burns
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.