Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 8TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God can help me be brave.
This week: David is brave and faces Goliath, when no one else will, because he knows God is with him.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Parachute or sheet and gray or brown pom-poms.
- Before the Activity: Lay the parachute flat on the floor. Scatter the pom-poms all around the activity area.
- During the Activity: Encourage the child to go around the activity area and collect five pom-pom “rocks” and place them on the parachute. Ask the child to stand around the parachute and pick up a section of the parachute. Ask the child to shake the parachute to try and launch all the pom-poms. Collect the pom-poms and repeat.
- After the Activity: Review the Bible story.
- Before the Activity: “Friend! Today, we learned about when David battled Goliath! What did David collect to use in his sling? (Pause.) Rocks! David collected five rocks.”
- During the Activity: “Look around the room. Do you see all the pom-poms? Let’s pretend those pom-poms are rocks. When I say, ‘Go,’ I want you to run and pick up five rocks and put them on the parachute. Ready? Go! (Pause.) Great job! Pick up the parachute and shake. Let’s launch these rocks! (Pause.) Wow! Super-duper! Let’s collect five more and do it again! (Repeat as desired.) Launching the rocks was so much fun!”
- After the Activity: “David knew that God was always with him, and that helped him be brave. David didn’t need armor, just five smooth rocks and his sling. One rock was all it took to knock Goliath down. God helped David be brave, and God can help us be brave too. Who can help you be brave? [Bottom Line] God can help me be brave!”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, help us remember that it's not how high we can jump or how big our muscles are that make us brave. It's You, God. You being with us can help us be brave."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.