Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 4th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“God is with you wherever you go.” –Joshua 1:9, NLT
Bottom Line: God's got it.
This week:God saves Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fire when they stand up to King Nebuchadnezzar.
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Review the Bible story together and assist the children in gluing their story pictures in the designated area under the umbrella on their page.
- SAY: “Come sit with me. I have something special for us to do together. We’re going to glue these story pictures under this umbrella!” (Give your child a set of story pictures and a copy of “God’s Got It Daniel Umbrella.”) Hold up story picture #1. “I want you to find this story picture. In the Bible story today, the king wanted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to bow down to his golden statue. They said, ‘No,’ that they only bowed to the one true God. This made the king very mad! Glue this story picture in the first box on your page.” Hold up story picture #2. “Now, find this story picture and hold it up. The king got so mad that he threw Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the fire! But when the king looked in the fire, he saw one, two, there, four people! God sent an angel to protect Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fire! Glue this story picture in the next box on your page.” Hold up story picture #3. “Okay, hold up the last story picture. When the king saw that God had protected Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, he told them to come out of the fire. Then, he said that God is the one true God and everyone would only bow down to Him! Glue this story picture in the last box on your page. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego knew that God is always with them and that no matter what happens, [Bottom Line] God’s got it. God is always with you and me, too, and no matter what happens [Bottom Line] God’s got it! So when I ask you, ‘Who’s got it?’, I want you to say, [Bottom Line] ‘God’s got it.’ Okay, tell me, who’s got it?[Bottom Line] God’s got it! Yay, [Bottom Line] God’s got it!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! It's a new day to trust that God's got it! God's got (mommy, daddy). God's got (name of child). God's got it!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"You’re Not Failing, You’re Just Overwhelmed" by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.