Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 29TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God can help me be brave.
This week: Miriam's faith in God helps her do many brave things throughout her life.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Superhero and community helper dress-up clothes, and a preschool-safe mirror
- Before the Activity: Place the dress-up clothes in the activity area near the mirror.
- During the Activity: Encourage the child to play with and try on the dress-up clothes and role play.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story and the concept of being brave.
- Before the Activity: “Friend, come look at what we have to play with today. Dress-up clothes! We can be so many different people like firefighters, police officers, doctors, teachers, and all kinds of super kids!”
- During the Activity: “What will you choose? (Pause.) Wow! Look at you, you are an awesome [helper/super kid]! Look at yourself in the mirror. Now show me how a [helper/super kid] is brave. (Pause.) Super-duper! Who else can you dress up as? (Repeat as desired.) That was so fun, watching you dress up as different brave characters!”
- After the Activity: “Police officers, firefighters, doctors, and all community helpers do brave things—super kids, too! And today in our Bible story, we’ll hear about someone who did a lot of brave things.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Show me you're ready to be brave today with your strong and courageous super kid pose!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.