Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
OCTOBER 15TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God can help me be brave.
This week: Daniel is brave and continues to trust God, even when he is thrown into a lion's den.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Craft sticks
- Before the Activity: Sit together at the table.
- During the Activity: Give the child two craft sticks. Encourage the child to follow the different rhythms you tap with the craft sticks. (Tap, tap, tap; tap, tap-tap, tap; tap-tap, tap, tap-tap; tap-tap, tap-tap, tap-tap; tap, tap, tap-tap, tap).
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible story and the concept of following.
- Before the Activity: “Friend, have a seat at the table. We’re going to use the table to make some music today.”
- During the Activity: “I have craft sticks for you to use as rhythm sticks. (Pass out craft sticks.) I’ll tap a rhythm with my sticks. I want you to listen closely and repeat that rhythm with your own sticks! Are you ready? Listen closely. (Tap, tap, tap.) Now you try. (Tap sticks with the children.) Good job. This one is a little harder. Listen. (Tap-tap, tap, tap-tap.) Your turn. (Continue with different patterns and repeat as desired.) You did a great job of listening and following my rhythm!”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible story today, we’ll hear about a man named Daniel who listened to, trusted, and followed God, even when he needed to be brave! Let’s go hear more about Daniel!”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, name different animals and make their sounds together. End with a lion. After you make the lion sound, talk about how Daniel trusted God and God helped Daniel be brave, even in a lion's den.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “23 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Little Kids” by Melissa Thorson
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.