Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
1.9.22 THE LOST SHEEP
JANUARY 9th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"The crowds were amazed at His teaching.” Matthew 7:28, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: A shepherd leaves his flock of 99 sheep to go looking for his one lost sheep. Luke 15:3-7
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, cotton balls, glue, and markers
- DO: Encourage to color their sheep and then glue cotton balls on to the paper to create the “body” of the sheep.
- SAY: “In our Bible story today, Jesus told a story about a shepherd and his sheep. He was counting his sheep and noticed one was missing. Let’s make a picture of that lost sheep. On your paper are the legs and the face of the sheep. We’ll use the cotton balls to fill in the sheep’s body. Use the glue place the cotton balls where the wool would typically be. There’s your cute little sheep. Jesus said that the shepherd loved all of his sheep; each one mattered to him. So he went out to find the one missing sheep. Jesus told us this story to teach us something very important: we are important to God. He tells us that if we were lost, God would find us then celebrate. You are important to God. I’m glad we have Jesus to teach us important things. Who teaches me important things? [Bottom Line] Jesus teaches me important things.”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "Jesus, thank You for teaching us that we are important to God."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights