Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 8th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Everyone who heard him was amazed.” Luke 2:47, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is Amazing
This week: Jesus turns water into a super fancy party drink at a wedding after His mother asks Him for help. John 2:1-11
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors; metal brads; and crayons
- DO: Give your child a “Water and Wine” circle. Instruct them to color the “blue” section blue and the “purple” section purple. As they finish coloring, give them a “Jar” circle. Assist your child in laying their “Jar” circle on top of their “Water and Wine” circle. Make sure the color side of the “Water and Wine” circle is facing up so that when you turn it, the blue and purple can be seen through the cutout section on the “Jar” circle. When ready, push the metal brad through the marked place in the center of the “Jar” circle. Once attached, show your child how to turn the “Water and Wine” circle on the side to see the water turn into “super fancy party drink” in the cutout section.
- SAY: “This is a story wheel. (Hold up the completed craft with the blue water showing.) In our Bible story today, we learned about a time when Jesus turned water (point to the blue water) into a super-fancy party drink. Wow! That’s amazing! Jesus turned water into a fancy party drink! Now I’ll help you make a story wheel so you can tell today’s Bible story, too. (Assist the children in making their story wheels by fastening the two circles with the brad.) Your story wheels look great! Now you can use your story wheel to tell today’s Bible story with me. Here we go!
One day, Jesus was at a wedding with His mom and friends, the disciples. Jesus’ mom came to Him and said that they had run out of the fancy wedding drink. She told the helpers to do whatever Jesus told them. Jesus told the helpers to fill up some jars with water. (Hold up a story wheel and point to the blue water.) Then, Jesus did something amazing that only He can do. Jesus turned the water into super fancy wedding drink! (Turn the back circle to make the purple show and point to the purple party drink.) Wow! Jesus turned water (turn to blue) into a super-fancy drink at a wedding. (Turn to purple.) Wow! Jesus can do amazing things! Let’s tell the story together again. Get your story wheels ready! Jesus can do amazing things that only He can do because [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing! Who is amazing? [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing!”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to be our friend forever. Help us to follow Jesus and look to Him as our very best friend."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values ” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.