Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 31ST PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Everyone who heard Him was amazed.” Luke 2:47, NIV
Bottom Line: JESUS IS AMAZING
This week: Jesus does the amazing and makes a man that was blind see. John 9:1-12
Core Insight: FAITH
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors and crayons
- DO: Cut two slits, one above the eyes and one below, to allow the “eyes” strip to slid through. Have children color their man. Show children how to slide the “Eye” card through the opening to reveal how Jesus healed the blind man.
- SAY: “Our story today tells us about a man who couldn’t see. He was blind. But Jesus did something that no one else could do. Color your blind man from our story. Now, slide the eye card through the opening like this. (Demonstrate.) You can see that the blind man has eyes, but they didn’t work. (Pull the card to the mud eyes.) When Jesus saw him, He spit in the dirt and mixed it until it became mud. Jesus rubbed it over the man’s eyes then told him to wash it off. (Pull the card to the other eyes.) When the man did, he could see. Jesus made his eyes to see! [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing!” Jesus is God’s Son, and He can do amazing things. Who is amazing? [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, (name of child) and I have been learning a lot about how amazing Jesus is. Jesus' teaching is amazing. Jesus' healing is amazing. Jesus' power is amazing. Jesus' miracles are amazing. And, Jesus' love for us is SO amazing! I hope (name of child) and I never forget how big and amazing Jesus' love is for us. We love You, God. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Model Contentment When You’re Feeling Pretty Miserable" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.