During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JANUARY 30th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"The crowds were amazed at His teaching.” Matthew 7:28, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: Jesus tells a story about what happens when you build a house on sand and a house on rock. Matthew 7:24-27
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, scissors, crayons or washable markers, glue sticks, and a permanent marker
- DO: Encourage children to fold their paper at the thick lines. Paper should be folded so the house design is on the outside of the fold. The words will be on the back of the house. Have children decorate the outside of their house then draw their family on the inside of the house.SAY: “In our Bible story today, Jesus taught us how to live. We heard about two men who built houses, one on the sand and the other on the rock. I have a house for you to make and decorate. Fold your paper at the solid lines. (Pause.) You should be able to see the roof and outside walls of your house. (Help re-fold as needed.) Decorate the outside of your house with the [crayons/markers]. (Pause.) Open your house and draw your family inside. (Pause.) You did a nice job of building your house and showing our family in it. Both houses in our story looked great but then it started to rain, harder and harder. The house built on the sand fell because the rain washed the sand away. But the house on the rock was still standing. The rain couldn’t wash away the rock. Jesus told us this story so He could teach us how to live and be strong like the house built on the rock. We can love everyone like God loves us and treat them like they are important to God. We can share and help, just like Jesus teaches us to do. I’m so glad we have a friend like Jesus to teach us important things. Who teaches me important things? [Bottom Line:] Jesus teaches me important things.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! I love you so much—and God loves you, too!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.