Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 28TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“The people were amazed at his teaching.”
Matthew 7:28, NCV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: Jesus tells a story about a dad and son to teach us that God loves us no matter what.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: “Rolling Hearts” Activity Page, cardstock, washable markers, and a large die.
- Before the Activity: Copy “Rolling Hearts” on cardstock.
- During the Activity: TYou will roll the die and call out the number it lands on. Encourage the child to color in that number of hearts. Continue to roll and color until the child has filled in most of the hearts on their page.
- After the Activity: Introduce the Bible Story today and how Jesus teaches us that God loves us no matter what, as you point to the hearts on the page.
- Before the Activity: “Friend, come find a spot at the table. What do you see on your paper? (Pause.) Yes, hearts! Lots and lots of hearts! Hearts remind me of love!”
- During the Activity: “I’m going to roll this die and tell you what it lands on. When I do, I want you to use a marker to color that many hearts on your page. Are you ready? Let’s roll. (Roll the die.) I rolled a [number], so color [number] hearts! Fantastic! Let’s roll again! (Continue until all or almost all of the hearts are colored in.) Look at these colorful hearts! Great job, friend. Hearts remind me of love.”
- After the Activity: “In our Bible Story today, we’ll learn that Jesus teaches us that God loves us no matter what. (Point to the hearts on the child’s page.) He does! Come with me and let’s go hear our story.”
- Bath Time
- As you help your child bathe, say, "I love you when you're silly. I love you when you're sleepy. I love you when you get mad. I love you when you cry. I love you when you laugh. I love you when you feel sick. I love you when you... (continue naming all the times you love your child). I love you no matter what! Jesus teaches us that God loves you no matter what too!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: “Helping Kids Cultivate the Skill of Noticing” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.