Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 23rd PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"The crowds were amazed at His teaching.” Matthew 7:28, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: A Samaritan stops and helps a man who has been beaten and robbed, after two other men passed him by. Luke 10:25-37
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons, scissors, and glue
- DO: Encourage children to glue the essentials items to their doctor bag.
- SAY: “In our story, we heard about a man who was walking down the road one day when he was robbed and hurt really bad. He needed help. You have a doctor's bag, but it's empty. Let's fill it with things that can help the hurt man. What things should a doctor have in their bag? (pause) Bandages. Do you see a picture of bandages? (pause) Add the bandages to your doctor's bag. (pause) What else should go in the doctor's bag? (continue naming all the items and having them glue the items to their bags.) You filled your doctor's bag with lots of things that can help people who are hurt. The man was lying on the road and asked someone to help him, but the first man walked right by him. Another man walked by and the hurt man asked him to help. He walked right by, too. A third person walked by, and the hurt man asked for help. This third man was a Samaritan. Samaritans and the hurt man's people were not friends, but the Samaritan stopped and helped the man. The Samaritan gave the hurt man bandages, put him on his donkey, and took him to a place to stay until he was better. The Samaritan was a great helper. We can be helpers, too. We can help everyone: parents, teachers, friends, everyone! The imprtant thing that Jesus taught us in this story is that we can help everyone. I'm so glad we have a friend like Jesus to teach us important things. Who teaches me important things? [Bottom Line] Jesus teaches me important things."
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, say: "What are some things you like to do with your friends?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.