Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
1.22.23- CATCHING FISH
JANUARY 22nd PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Everyone who heard him was amazed.” Luke 2:47, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is Amazing
This week: After Peter didn't catch any fish, Jesus does something amazing and Peter's nets were filled with more fish than his boat could hold. Luke 5:1-10
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue sticks, and crayons
- DO: Encourage children to color their fish and glue them to the net.
- SAY:“Here is your net. It’s empty, just like Peter’s nets were. Here are some fish for you to color. (Pause.) Glue your fish to the net. (Pause.) Great! Peter was a fisherman. His job was to catch fish. One time, he had been fishing all night, and he didn’t catch any fish! But Jesus got into Peter’s boat and told Peter to try fishing again. Peter did what Jesus told him to do, and this time Peter caught lots and lots and lots of fish! So many fish that it filled two boats! Jesus did something that only He can do. Jesus helped Peter catch lots and lots and lots of fish! [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing!”
- CUDDLE TIME
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, help us remember that Jesus is amazing and can help us with anything."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values ” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
- Facebook (2 separate groups)
- Instagram – @Preschoolattheheights