Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 16th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"The crowds were amazed at His teaching.” Matthew 7:28, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus teaches me important things.
This week: A man decides to build bigger barns to store his extra food instead of sharing it with others. Acts 2:45; Luke 12:16-21
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, yellow dot markers or crayons
- DO: Encourage the children to fill the barn with yellow dots using their crayons or markers. Color the barn as desired.
- SAY: “Friends, come sit with me at the table. Let’s make a craft that will help us remember that it’s always better to share. Look on your paper. What do you see? (Pause.) That’s right; it’s a barn! This is like the barn in our Bible story today. We heard how the farmer had so much food that it filled his barn. Let’s fill your barn with grain. Use your marker or crayon to fill in your barn. (Pause.) Keep adding the grain until it’s all filled up. Jesus told the story we heard today to teach us something very important. The farmer in our story grew a lot of food for his family. He grew so much food that it filled his barn with a lot left over. So, he decided that he would build a bigger barn to keep all the food to himself. God gave the farmer way more food than he needed. The farmer could have shared and helped a lot of people, but he didn’t. Sometimes God gives us more than we need, too, so we can share with others. That’s the important thing Jesus taught us in this story. God wants us to share. I’m so glad we have Jesus to teach us important things. Who teaches me important things? [Bottom Line] Jesus teaches me important things.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, say: "What are some things you like to do with your friends?"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"What If This Was Your Last Christmas?" by Brandon Janous
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.