CROSSROADS MAP – TRAINING VIDEO
- When you hear “gospel urgency” what comes to mind?
- If Christ returned today, who would you regret not sharing the gospel with?
- Would you say that your heart is compelled to take the gospel to a world that doesn’t know Christ? Why did you give the answer you did?
- Why is it so scary to share our faith with others?
- How can your R3 group grow a heart for the lost? It is God’s desire for us to have hearts that are overwhelmed with the same love Christ has for the world. How can we better see the world the way God does?
And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
1 Corinthians 9:20-22
20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.
1 Corinthians 2:1-5
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, 4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
1 John 5:14-15
14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
Radical by David Platt
Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement by Steven Hawthorne
Genesis: What Were We Put in the World to Do? by Timothy Keller
3 Circles Method
This is the method of sharing the gospel we use here at The Heights. It’s not the only way, but it is the way what we train our people in. Skip to to Meeting 19 if you would like to be trained in this sooner. There is an app that goes through the 3 Circles, though there are some minor differences than they way we do it at The Heights. It is called the Life Conversation Guide App. Click here for more info.
How Good is Good Enough by Andy Stanley
Tactics by Gregory Koukl
Texas Baptists Resources: http://texasbaptists.org/ministries/great-commission/evangelism/church-training-and-resources
Romans Road to Salvation: http://www.teenmissions.org/resources/roman-road-to-salvation/
Evangelism Explosion Steps to Life: http://evangelismexplosion.org/resources/steps-to-life/
You want to walk away from your R3 group with an action step every time. These are ONLY examples of an action step. By no means are they required. Please feel free to (and seek to) come up with your own. The goal of R3 is to take realistic steps forward together. Please only choose one step and be prepared to report back to your group on how you did the next time you meet.
- Dedicate one day a week to begin praying for someone who is not a believer in Christ.
- Read one of the Biblical backing verses each day or begin reading one of the books listed above. After each sitting, pray that God would give you a heart that is compelled to bring the gospel to the lost.
- Challenge yourself to try and see people the way God does. To help this, try to learn something new about unbelieving people in your life each time you see them, for we view people differently when we have a relationship with them.