- What has God been doing in and through you this past year? How have your thoughts, words, and actions been influenced by your relationship with God? (Col. 2:6-7)
- What is one area of your relationship with God that you would like to grow in? Where are you in this area?
- Many of us have felt as if we aren’t making any progress in our relationship with God. Have you felt like this recently? What do you wish was different?
- Is there any area of your life that you doubt God will ever be able to completely transform? Is there a struggle that you haven’t been able to get past?
- Why do you think we doubt God’s ability to transform us at times?
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
2 Peter 1:3-8
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.”
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.”
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.“
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
Simply Good News by N.T. Wright
Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Timothy Keller
Galatians for You by Timothy Keller
Grace Awakening by Charles Swindoll
The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg
In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
An Arrow Pointing to Heaven by James Bryan Smith
Making All Things New by Henri J.M. Nouwen
You want to walk away from your R3 group with an action step every time. These are ONLY examples of an action step. By no means are they required. Please feel free to (and seek to) come up with your own. The goal of R3 is to take realistic steps forward together. Please only choose one step and be prepared to report back to your group on how you did the next time you meet.
- Find three times before we meet again to worship the Lord, whether it be in your car, your house, on a walk, etc.
- Sometime before we meet again, look over the twelve mission measures and evaluate where you are spiritually. If some are confusing, the respective webpage will explain it further. Know that none of us will ever be perfect at any of them, but honestly assess where you are in this process of renewal. At the end of this evaluation, risk by asking God to do whatever it takes to transform you further.