- Has God pointed out anyone at your “crossroads” who needs to hear the gospel?
- Share about a time when you cultivated a relationship with an unbeliever.
- Is it difficult or easy for you to cultivate relationships with those in your life who don’t know Christ? Why? (Red, yellow, green light)
- How well do you listen to your neighbor? How well do you ask questions so you can learn more about them? (Red, yellow, green light)
- What is one step you can take before the next time you meet to deepen a relationship with an unbeliever in your life? (Hint: there is no substitute for time spent together)
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison—that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.
And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel people to come in, that my house may be filled.
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
2 Timothy 2:24-26
And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
The Blessing by John Trent & Gary Smalley
Gospel by J.D. Greear
Celebration of Disciplines by Richard J. Foster
When the Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box by John Ortberg
The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
Desiring God by John Piper
Search for Significance by Robert McGee
Salvaging My Identity by Rachel Lovingood (For Girls and Young Women)
3 Circles Method
This is the method of sharing the gospel we use here at The Heights. It’s not the only way, but it is the way what we train our people in. Skip to to Meeting 19 if you would like to be trained in this sooner. There is an app that goes through the 3 Circles, though there are some minor differences than they way we do it at The Heights. It is called the Life Conversation Guide App. Click here for more info.
How Good is Good Enough by Andy Stanley
Tactics by Gregory Koukl
Texas Baptists Resources: http://texasbaptists.org/ministries/great-commission/evangelism/church-training-and-resources
Romans Road to Salvation: http://www.teenmissions.org/resources/roman-road-to-salvation/
Evangelism Explosion Steps to Life: http://evangelismexplosion.org/resources/steps-to-life/
You want to walk away from your R3 group with an action step every time. These are ONLY examples of an action step. By no means are they required. Please feel free to (and seek to) come up with your own. The goal of R3 is to take realistic steps forward together. Please only choose one step and be prepared to report back to your group on how you did the next time you meet.
- Take a hobby or organization that you love and use it as an opportunity to meet unbelievers. You know you already have similar interests. So, use this as a springboard to cultivate a relationship and share the love of Christ.
- Help your non-churched people to doctor’s appointments or to get prescriptions.
- Offer to babysit for someone in your Crossroad so they can go on a date or have a night off. Consider even giving a gift card for the evening.
- Challenge yourself to strike a conversation with a neighbor instead of just waving.
- Invite someone in your Crossroads to dinner and get to hear their story. Seek to deepen that relationship by not just letting that be the only time you time you engage with them.