During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JUNE 7 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“These are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”. –John 20:31 (NLV)
Bottom Line: I can believe in Jesus
This week: Jesus, God’s Son, is born. He grows up to do amazing things that only He can do.
Basic Truth: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Download this PDF scissors, markers/crayons
- DO: Copy the magnifying glass and cut on the dotted lines. Encourage your child to spy the event on the page and mark each one as you describe it.
- SAY: “In our Bible story today, we learned all about Jesus! I have some special magnifying glasses for you. Let’s use them to spy some true stories about Jesus. First, we learned how an angel told Mary she would have a special baby. Do you spy a picture of Mary and the angel? When you do, color that picture. Next, I spy a picture of baby Jesus. He’s so cute! When you spy the picture of baby Jesus, color it. Now, I spy a picture of a stable in the town of Bethlehem. That’s where Jesus was born. Color the stable when you spy it. Oh, look! I spy a picture of some fish and bread. Jesus fed a huge crowd with just one small lunch. Can you color the bread? Do you spy the picture of Jesus healing the sick man? Color the picture when you spy it! And finally, the last picture I spy is Jesus telling the storm to STOP! Did the storm stop when Jesus told it to? (Pause.) Yes! Color your picture. We spied Jesus, God’s Son! These pictures show us some of the amazing things Jesus did so that we can all believe in Him. Tell me, who can believe in Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can believe in Jesus. It’s true, friends! Spying all of these amazing things about Jesus helps me to remember that [Bottom Line] I can believe in Jesus.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! I believe we can make today a great day! Do you know what else I believe? I believe in Jesus!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: LIVING FROM A DAD’S AFFIRMATION by Nick Salyers
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.
Published on June 5 @ 11:27 AM CDT