During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JUNE 14 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“These are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”. –John 20:31 (NLV)
Bottom Line: I can believe in Jesus
This week: Jesus dies and comes back. Then He visits His friends so they can see that He is alive. Matthew 26-28; John 21:1-14
Basic Truth: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Download this PDF and markers/crayons
- DO: Instruct them to find the hidden pictures on the page that are shown in the picture box. (Jesus, three hearts, and a Bible.)
- SAY: “This is a picture of Jesus standing by the tomb, after He came back. Remember that in our story, Jesus died, but then on the third day, Jesus came back? That’s what this picture is. But guess what! There are other pictures hidden inside this big picture. Let’s play a little ‘I Spy’ and find them! Place your finger on the picture box right here. (Demonstrate with an Activity Page.) What pictures do you see in the picture box? (Pause.) Yes! There’s Jesus, three hearts, and a Bible. I want you to find these pictures and circle them. Got it? You found all of the pictures. Good job! (Give two thumbs up.) We can believe that Jesus is God’s Son. We can believe that Jesus loves everyone, no matter what. And, we can believe that Jesus is alive! A lot of people saw Jesus after He came back, and they wrote down what they saw. We can read what some of them wrote in the Bible, and we can believe in Jesus, too. Who can believe in Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can believe in Jesus!”
- Drive Time
- As you drive, take turns with your child naming things you believe. You may say, "I believe some trees are green." Or you may say, "I believe birds can fly." Your child will probably come up with all kinds of interesting ideas! End your drive by saying, "I believe Jesus wants to be our friend forever."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: SECRETS FOR DADS FROM A DAUGHTER by Hannah Joiner Crosby
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.