Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
SEPTEMBER 6 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.” –Jeremiah 29:11, NLT
Bottom Line: God has a plan for me.
This week: Joseph’s brothers are angry when their father gives him a special coat so they send him to Egypt. Genesis 37; Jeremiah 1:5
Core Insight: IMAGE
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage your child to decorate Joseph’s coat with many different colors.
- SAY:“Come sit at the table with me. We heard a little about Joseph today. What do you remember about Joseph? (Pause.) Yes! Joseph had eleven brothers, and Joseph’s dad gave him a beautiful colorful coat!” Look! Who’s on your paper? (Pause.) It’s Joseph, but his coat doesn’t look quite right. What’s missing? (Pause.) That’s right! Joseph’s coat was very colorful, and this one is missing its colors! Take your pencil to trace out Joseph’s coat and then use all these beautiful colors to decorate Joseph’s coat. (Pause.) Wow! What an awesome job you did decorating his coat! Joseph’s coat is super colorful now, just like in our Bible story.” God had a plan for Joseph, and He has a plan for you, too. In our story, Joseph’s father gave him an absolutely BEAUTIFUL coat. Remember Joseph had eleven brothers. When they saw he had a special coat and they didn’t, they were mad! They took Joseph’s coat away and threw him in a hole in the ground. Later, Joseph’s brothers came back, pulled him out of the hole, and sent him with some people to Egypt. Joseph knew that God loved him, and he knew that God was always with him, so he could trust God’s plan. God loves us and has a plan for us, too. Who has a plan for you? [Bottom Line] God has a plan for me.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning, (name of child)! God has good things planned for us to do today!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: "How We View Our Own Beauty Shapes How Our Daughters View Theirs" by Abbie Smith Sprünger
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.