Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 28th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me wonderful
This week: People are so important to God that He even knows the number of hairs on their heads. Luke 12:7
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons & markers
- DO: Encourage children to follow the directions and fill in their hearts according to the color that matches the number.
- SAY: "I have a picture for you to color using only three colors. Look at the side. Do you see the color next to the number one? (Point to the color next to the number one.) Pick up the marker in that color. (Pause.) Now, look at your paper. Do you see the heart with the number one in it? (Pause.) Great! Color the number one heart with that marker. (Pause.) Do you see any other places with the number one in them? Color all the places you see the number one. (Pause.) Put the lid back on that marker and put it down. (Continue with the other two colors.) Look how pretty your picture is! God made you, and you are so important to Him that God even knows the number of hairs on your head! Isn’t that amazing? You are important to God wherever you go. When you are at the playground, you are important to God. When you are at the dentist, you are important to God. When you’re asleep in your bed, you are important to God.
You are important to God, no matter where you are and no matter what you do. You are important to God if you are singing loudly, quietly reading a book, or patiently waiting at the end of the line. You are important to God, even if you’re doing nothing at all.You are so important to God that He sent His Son, Jesus, to show us how to live and be our friend forever. I’m so glad we’re important to God and that He made each of us wonderful. Who made you wonderful? [Bottom Line] God made me wonderful.
- BATH TIME
- Add bath finger paints or bath slime. Tell your child to make whatever they want. As they create, say: "God can make whatever He wants. God made all of the animals and stars, but He wasn't done. God still wanted to make you, and you are wonderful!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"12 Affirmations To Speak Over Your Kids” by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.